What is Hyperlocal Marketing?
As the name implies, hyperlocal marketing is a strategy focused on reaching customers in your local area who are already motivated to buy your products. This “local area” is usually a few blocks or streets around your business.
The primary purpose of hyper-local marketing is to increase face-to-face traffic to physical stores by targeting users searching “near” on their mobile devices. It also helps to promote your brand in specific locations. This is achieved by strategically placing the suitable ads in front of the right people at the right time.
When prospective customer types “coffee shops near me,” it’s most likely that they are ready to make a purchase. Reports also show that 78% of hyperlocal mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
According to Google, mobile queries for “near me” and “where to buy” grew by 200% between 2016 and 2019 alone. It shows that the majority of searchers expect Google to consider their location when serving search results.
Why use Hyperlocal Marketing?
Businesses are fast adopting hyperlocal marketing because of its powerful results, particularly those without massive marketing budgets.
Here are some of the benefits:
- It makes it easy to convert local customers into paying clients.
- Highly targeted audience targeting so less wasted ad spend. For example, ads will only be shown to people in your area who are interested or looking for your products.
- Customers who perform hyperlocal searches have a high purchase intent.
- It’s easy to set up, run and measure performance.
- Great for building relationships with customers because it helps people in your area know that they can depend on you when they need a product or service you offer, which will lead to more repeat customers.
- Hyperlocal ads work in real-time, which increases conversion rates because you can provide promotional offers to people nearby who are actively looking for your services.
How does Hyperlocal Marketing work?
Before you start, it’s essential to think about your objectives. For example, are you trying to get more foot traffic to your store? Build brand recognition? Acquire more customers?
Once you know what you’re trying to achieve, you can choose why platform to run your ads on:
- Local Search Marketing (Google Ads and Google My Business)
- Directories such as Yelp, Yellow Pages and more.
- Nextdoor Local Deals: Nextdoor enables businesses to connect with verified residents based on their neighborhood, whether a few blocks or multiple neighborhoods from the business location.
- Social Media Ads (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter…etc).
- SEO and localized content (SEO-optimized blogs or content mentioning the hyperlocal area, so your business ranks highest in Google search results)
- In-app notifications: if you have your own mobile app, there may be an option to push notifications to users nearby or who have registered their address.
Steps To Launch:
Here are the steps to follow to launch your ads hyperlocal ads:
- Identify your audience: Choose your geographic location and radius. You can then use tools like Google Analytics to get to know your audience better, such as their age range, gender, and more.
- Choose your social media channels: You can choose where you want your customers to see your ads. For example, Google, Facebook, Instagram, or display advertising on other sites.
- Draft the messaging and ad images: You’ll need to make it enticing for users to want to visit your store. You can do this by using an eye-catching image, having a high number of positive Google/Facebook reviews, or including a promotional offer.
Keep in mind a few triggers the ad platforms use to identify people to expose your ads to. The three triggers include:
- User search queries where they mention keywords related to your products or brand
- Their search history (which shows purchase intent)
- Behavioral activity (places your prospects have recently visited)
Campaign Pre-launch Checklist:
Once you’ve completed the steps above, you’re ready for launch!
However, before you send your ads to live, it’s crucial to get the foundations set up first to make sure your ads perform optimally:
- Optimize your Google My Business page
- Make your contact information easily accessible on your website
- Create localized content for your blog and social media
- Add local schema markup to your website
- Make sure you’re using the right keywords in your campaigns
- Target nearby events
Hyperlocal marketing is a great way to drive traffic in-store or to a selected store location. As we’ve seen, this form of marketing can reduce your cost-per-lead (CPL) and increase your return on ad spend (ROAS).
Mobeo helps increase ROI in-store and online, with our ads receiving up to 300% higher engagement statistics versus typical digital campaigns, with a lot less effort and budget. So no matter if you’re attracting new customers or working on keeping the ones you have, Mobeo has a complete solution that can be customized to fit your needs and measurable along the way.
Talk to us today about how we can help boost your digital footprint.